NOTRE DAME, Ind. – The University of Notre Dame hockey team hosts the Wisconsin Badgers, Jan. 27-28, in a pair of tilts inside Compton Family Ice Arena.
Puck drop on Friday night is set for 7:30 p.m. followed by a 6 p.m. start the following night to conclude the season series with the Badgers. Fans are encouraged to stay following Saturday night’s contest for a post-game autograph session with members of the Irish hockey program. Posters for signing will be available, while supplies last.
- Notre Dame most recently split the season series at Penn State, picking up a night one victory, 2-1, which saw senior netminder Ryan Bischel post a career-high 52 saves. The team then fell Saturday, 3-2 to finish 2-2 against the Nittany Lions this season.
- In two games in State College, Pa., Bischel registered 94 saves in goal for a .958 save percentage over the two-game stretch.
- Their last home weekend featured the Irish facing off against No. 2/2 Minnesota for a two-game series. Notre Dame opened up the weekend with a shootout victory over the Golden Gophers, as Ryan Bischel made 36 saves between the pipes Friday night, including four highlight reel saves in the overtime session to keep the Irish hopes alive.
- In the shootout, Ryder Rolston net the lone goal for either side as the Irish picked up the extra point in conference play.
- The week prior at Wisconsin, the Irish split with the Badgers. After a 2-0 loss in game one, Notre Dame bounced back to a season-best six goals Saturday night en route to the 6-4 victory.
- Bischel picked up his nation-leading fourth shutout of the season in the team’s first game of the calendar year, defeating Alaska, 2-0, stopping all 25 shots faced in the contest.
- The Irish closed out the first half of their season with an 8-8-2 record following a split with No. 5/5 Penn State at home to enter the holiday break.
- In game two of that series, Bischel stopped a career-high 47 saves as the Irish picked up a 5-3 win, and amassed 81 saves over the two game weekend.
- With 824 total saves this season, Bischel currently ranks first nationally in the category while his .928 save percentage is fifth-best.
NOTRE DAME vs. WISCONSIN
- Notre Dame opened the second half of their Big Ten slate with a road series against Wisconsin, Jan. 6-7, splitting the series in Madison against the Badgers.
- The Irish recorded their highest goal total in game two of the weekend series, firing six pucks into the net for the 6-4 final.