Nov 18, 2022
Providence, RI – Mike Reilly notched a goal and an assist in his P-Bruins debut, but it was not enough as the Providence Bruins fell to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms 4-2 on Friday night at the Amica Mutual Pavilion. Oskar Steen started the scoring for the P-Bruins, while Reilly posted the primary assist on the goal.
How It Happened
- Reilly skated the puck up the left wing and sauced a pass across the ice to a cutting Steen, who redirected the puck in the net for his fourth goal of the season with 4:16 left in the first period to give the P-Bruins a 1-0 lead.
- Tyson Foerster caught a pass in the slot, walked it between the hash marks, and fired a shot glove side to tie the game with 14:59 remaining in the second period.
- Issac Ratcliffe got a stick on a shot while in the slot and deflected it in the net with 5:52 left in the second period to give the Phantoms a 2-1 lead.
- While on a 5-on-3 power play, Reilly hammered a one-timer from the top of the slot to tie the game at 2-2 with 3:07 remaining in the second period.
- Ratcliffe ripped a snap shot from the right circle, giving the Phantoms a 3-2 lead with 11:48 to play in the third period.
- Elliot Desnoyers buried a feed from the top of the crease to give the Phantoms a 4-2 lead with 4:04 left in the third.
- Steen’s goal was his second in as many games and extended his point streak to three games.
- Vinni Lettieri’s assist on the Reilly goal extended his point streak to four games.
- Keith Kinkaid stopped 31 of the 35 shots he faced.
- The P-Bruins power play went 1-for-5, and the penalty kill was 3-for-4.
The P-Bruins host the Lehigh Valley Phantoms for game two of a three game home weekend on Saturday, November 19 at the Amica Mutual Pavilion. Puck drop is set for 7:05 p.m. ET.